- Matt Winkelmeyer/Getty Images for dcp/Kevin Mazur/Getty Images for dcp
- Lizzo wore the world’s tiniest handbag on the American Music Awards red carpet on Sunday night.
- The white Valentino microbag proved more of a distraction on the red carpet than her bright ruffled minidress.
- The “Truth Hurts” singer, who was nominated for three awards, posed with the microbag between her fingers.
- She posted a photo of her outfit on Instagram with the caption “@maisonvalentino bag big enough for my f—s to give. Big body b—- in a Valentin-HO custom look for @amas.”
- While she got the tick of approval from fashion influencers like Marc Jacobs and Ariana Grande, others questioned the contents of the bag – Chelsea Handler asked, “What’s in that purse?”
- Lizzo jokingly revealed on the red carpet: “I got tampons in here, a flask of tequila, condoms.”
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
The “Truth Hurts” singer, who was nominated for three awards, wore a flamboyant ruffled Valentino peach minidress, but she certainly kept her accessories to a minimum.
The tiny white Valentino bag, which Lizzo said is one of three in the world, proved more of a distraction on the red carpet than her bright ensemble as she highlighted its size by holding it up just between her fingers.
- Emma McIntyre/Getty Images for dcp
Acknowledging that the tiny bag could barely fit a lipstick, Lizzo Instagrammed her look with the caption “@maisonvalentino bag big enough for my f—s to give. Big body b—- in a Valentin-HO custom look for @amas.”
The singer got the tick of approval from several fashion influencers, with Marc Jacobs commenting on her Instagram with heart emoji and Ariana Grande saying it was the “cutest.”
But some others did wonder what the bag could actually hold.
Chelsea Handler asked, “What’s in that purse?” while another follower said: “Im dying to know if there’s anything in it. A mint? An almond?”
The singer jokingly answered the question on everyone’s minds during a red-carpet interview.
“I got tampons in here, a flask of tequila, condoms,” the 31-year-old said.
The microbag trend took off earlier this year when models walked in Paris Fashion Week in February holding miniature Jacquemus handbags, which cost $260 to $520. Since then, other fashion houses have been shrinking their bags down too.
- Richard Bord/Getty Images
- Read more:
- Here are all the 2019 American Music Awards winners
- Cardi B, Billie Eilish, Lizzo, and more celebrities read horribly mean tweets about themselves on ‘Jimmy Kimmel Live’
- Lizzo just filed a lawsuit against the 3 songwriters who claim they contributed to ‘Truth Hurts’ asking them to stop their ‘campaign of harassment’