- McDonald’s has released the recipe for its sausage and egg McMuffin so fans can recreate it at home.
- People have been tweeting about making their own McMuffin breakfast sandwich, so the fast-food chain revealed the ingredients list and cooking instructions to satisfy cravings while outlets are closed.
- The recipe card lists all five ingredients and also includes how to make McDonald’s crispy hash browns.
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more details.
McDonald’s has released a recipe card giving step-by-step instructions on how to create your own sausage and egg McMuffin at home.
The fast-food chain’s breakfast sandwich is one of its best-selling items on the menu, especially since the company tweaked the recipe by switching from margarine to butter.
While fans have been unable to indulge in their breakfast guilty pleasure with many McDonald’s restaurants currently closed or offering takeaway only, they can now whip up their own version at home to satisfy the cravings.
People have recently begun sharing the results of their own sausage and egg McMuffins attempts on Twitter.
One user tweeted: “Received my @ReelRapid prompt but first…Breakfast. Yes, I made my own McMuffin because I miss McDonald’s that much.”
Received my @ReelRapid prompt but first…
Yes, I made my own McMuffin because I miss McDonalds that much. pic.twitter.com/IxUvxGI3Wj
— Lewis W (@LDWoodward) March 28, 2020
McDonald’s has responded to the call and brought together all five ingredients and the cooking method in an easy-to-follow recipe card so it can be enjoyed in the comfort of your own home.
An English muffin
75g Sausage meat
American Cheese Slice
– Toast the English muffin until golden brown.
– Season with a pinch of salt and pepper then shape into balls. Flatten into patty shapes and cook under a pre-heated grill for six to seven minutes on each side (or as per instructions on packaging).
– Brush the inside of a metal ring with a little oil and place in a small frying pan. Pour in just enough water to cover the base then bring to the boil. Crack the eggs into the rings, cover the pan and cook for two-three minutes.
– Assemble your McMuffin by layering the patty and egg on top of a slice of cheese.
– To make a hash brown, grate the potato into a bowl. Mix in an egg, then season with salt and pepper. Heat a glug of oil in a pan then add spoonfuls of the mix. Flatten and cook until golden brown on both sides.