- Paras Griffin/Getty Images
- On May 12, Michelle Obama wrapped up her six-month-long book tour named, “Becoming: An Intimate Conversation with Michelle Obama.”
- Over the course of six months on the road, Obama wore tons of eye-catching ensembles – from bold pantsuits to $3,900 Balenciaga boots.
- Obama also turned heads in jumpsuits, sparkling tops, and satin outfits.
- Visit INSIDER’s homepage for more stories.
From November 2018 to May 2019, Michelle Obama toured the country to promote her recent memoir, “Becoming.”
Throughout her many appearances, the former first lady wore a number of showstopping looks that often received as much praise as her novel has. In New York City, for example, Obama donned a pair of sparkling boots to create her boldest look to date. And in Stockholm, the author chose to wear a sleek pantsuit that was both elegant and stylish.
Now that the “Becoming: An Intimate Conversation with Michelle Obama” tour has come to an end, here’s a look back at some of the best outfits she wore on the road.
To kick off the tour in her hometown of Chicago, Michelle Obama donned a sparkling off-the-shoulder shirt.
She paired the top with white, high-waisted pants, and styled her hair in loose waves.
Two days later in Inglewood, California, the author opted for a classic pantsuit.
- MediaNews Group/Orange County Register/Getty Images
During the event, she was interviewed by actress Tracee Ellis Ross.
Obama added a touch of glam to her black pantsuit while in Washington D.C.
Her double-breasted suit jacket featured rows of sparkling jewels hanging from its left lapel.
To switch things up in Massachusetts, Obama chose a bright-blue jumpsuit.
- Paul Marotta/Getty Images
Her long-sleeved ensemble was made from satin, and featured white charms on the tie around her waist.
For her second appearance in DC, Obama wore a printed pantsuit.
To complete the look, Obama accessorized with multiple layers of dark necklaces.
Obama went for a bold look while speaking at the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
For her fifth night on tour, the multihyphenate star wore a red pantsuit that tied at the waist. She paired the look with terra-cotta heels.
While in New York City, Obama wore a chic all-white ensemble.
Her grid-style ankle boots, however, stole the show.
For yet another classic look, the author chose a black and white pantsuit with fringe details.
- Andy Cross/Getty Images
The fringe on her sleeves appears to have been striped black and white, making her jacket standout even more.
The two-piece set Obama wore in California mixed the styles of a pantsuit and satin pajamas.
- MediaNews Group/The Mercury News/Getty Images
While Obama wore a number of silky outfits throughout her tour, this pink ensemble was one of her most stylish.
During her second New York City stop, Obama wore one of her boldest ensembles to date.
Her look included a yellow, shirt-style dress made from satin, as well as a $3,900 pair of sparkling Balenciaga boots.
The author wowed the crowed in Austin, Texas, while wearing an orange shirt and matching pants.
- Rick Kern/Getty Images
The sleeves on Obama’s satin top were especially striking, as they has extra pieces of fabric that dangled from each wrist.
Once again in March, Obama incorporated leisure-inspired attire into her onstage look.
- Jim Bennett/Getty Images
She wore a printed robe over a satin black top and matching printed pants.
Obama looked stunning when she took the stage in Stockholm, Sweden.
- Michael Campanella/Getty Images
For the event, she wore a fitted pantsuit with high-waisted pants and a cropped jacket. Obama completed the look with a sparkling pair of white pumps.
She changed things up the next day while in Oslo, Norway.
- Rune Hellestad – Corbis/Getty Images
She ditched her white pantsuit for a black and green ensemble that had sparkles down each jacket sleeve and a satin belt around her waist.
The author looked elegant in April while visiting London, UK.
- Mike Marsland/WireImage/Getty Images
Her one-piece outfit included long pants and three-quarter-length sleeves. The top of her look was also embellished with white, gold, and yellow beads across its sleeves and neckline.
She then experimented with bold prints two days later.
- Charles Platiau/Reuters
Of all the satin suits she wore on tour, this orange and white striped one was the boldest.
Obama wore a purple pantsuit while speaking in early May.
- Paras Griffin/Getty Images
Her satin suit was completed with a sparkling black top and golden belt buckle.
She then wore a daring jumpsuit in Sunrise, Florida.
The author chose a black jumpsuit with a plunging neckline and thigh-high slit. For some extra coverage, Obama donned a sheer, thin sweater.
Though her book tour has officially ended, Obama is still wearing showstopping looks.
Obama discussed her book at the 2019 Essence Festival on Sunday, where she donned a sparkling blue jumpsuit. The outfit featured short sleeves and a gold belt, paired with strappy sandals.
- Read more:
- Obama is reportedly feeling competitive after Michelle’s smash-hit memoir and sometimes says she used a ghostwriter
- Michelle Obama shared a heartfelt Mother’s Day Instagram post about how important it is for her daughters to travel and seek out ‘new perspectives’
- The Obamas are making 7 new Netflix movies and TV shows – here are all the details
- Michelle Obama says she was surprised to see the Queen wearing a ‘little bitty pin’ she gave her when they sat down to dinner