- Alain Pinel Realtors
Buying a home in Silicon Valley has become unaffordable for all but the extremely wealthy few.
Renting is a viable alternative for those who aren’t ready for a mortgage, but that, too, can be expensive in this area, which is home to the headquarters of some of the biggest tech companies in the world.
RentCafe.com helped us compile a list of the most expensive homes for rent in Silicon Valley – perfect for those who have started building up their fortunes, but who aren’t ready to put down roots just yet.
10. 2082 Channing Avenue, Palo Alto ($15,000 per month)
A modern home with four bedrooms and a two-car garage will set you back $15,000 a month. This home boasts proximity to Facebook, Google, and Stanford University.
9. 2545 Butternut Drive, Hillsborough ($15,500 per month)
- Nino Real Estate
Located a little further up the Peninsula away from Silicon Valley, this 7,500-square-foot home boasts seven bedrooms, 4.5 bathrooms, and an 8-seat movie theater.
7. (tie) 154 Bridgton Court, Los Altos ($17,500 per month)
A 6,466-square-foot home near downtown Los Altos has five bedrooms, six bathrooms, and a $17,500 monthly price tag.
7. (tie) 80 San Mateo Drive, Menlo Park ($17,500 per month)
With five bedrooms and 3,960 square feet of space, this home near Stanford has a monthly rent of $17,500.
6. 196 Patricia Drive, Atherton ($18,000 per month)
A four-bedroom home in Atherton – a tony city that counts Google chairman Eric Schmidt and HP CEO Meg Whitman as residents – rents for $18,000 a month.
3. (tie) 97 Mandarin Way, Atherton ($20,000 per month)
- Alain Pinel Realtors
A five-bedroom, 3,970-square-foot home in Atherton comes complete with a wood-paneled library and a $20,000 monthly price tag.
3. (tie) 333 Richmond Road, Hillsborough ($20,000 per month)
A Hillsborough home with a library, pool, tennis court, and 7,215 square feet of space can be rented for $20,000 a month.
3. (tie) 26966 West Fremont Road, Los Altos Hills ($20,000 per month)
In Los Altos, a five-bedroom, single-level home can be had for $20,000. Amenities include a pool, hot tub, and putting green.
2. 1 Kilroy Way, Atherton ($29,950 per month)
This Atherton home is set on a lot that totals more than an acre of space. It has six bedrooms and a pool deck with a built-in grill and entertainment alcove.
1. 330 Ridgeway Road, Woodside ($36,000 per month)
This five-bedroom home was designed to look like a lush tropical retreat, complete with palm trees, cabanas, and a large swimming pool out back.