- Matt Cardy/Getty Images
- INSIDER Data gathered information from Google Trends to figure out what the most popular candy bar is in every state.
- The three most googled candy bars countrywide were KitKats, Snickers, and Reese’s.
- Snickers was the clear favorite throughout the Midwest and the West Coast.
Whether you have a sweet tooth or not, sometimes it’s impossible to say no to a piece of sweet, sweet candy, especially with Valentine’s Day around the corner.
INSIDER Data used stats from Google Trends to determine what the most Googled candy bars are countrywide. Turns out America likes Reese’s, Snickers, and KitKats most of all.
- Yutong Yuan/INSIDER
Of the three, a whopping 33 states prefer Snickers, a milk chocolate bar filled with peanuts, nougat, and caramel. Almost the entire country west of the Mississippi River (and a few east of it) are huge Snickers-heads.
However, most of the Northeast prefers the peanut butter chocolatey goodness of a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup, including all of New England.
The two outliers were Hawaii and Oregon, which stick to KitKats, a chocolate-covered wafer bar.
Visit INSIDER’s homepage for more.
- Read more:
- The best chocolate candy we wish would come to the US
- Hershey released the first photo of its controversial new Reese’s Cup that’s 40% thinner, and it’s already being forced to defend itself from critics’ attacks
- The most popular Halloween candy in every US state
- THEN AND NOW: What 12 candy bars looked like when they were first released