- Robin Marchant/Getty Images
- Rapper Nicki Minaj appears to have tied the knot with her boyfriend Kenneth Petty.
- The 36-year-old posted an Instagram video on Monday showing two mugs with the words “Mrs.” and “Mr.” written on them, alongside two hats which read “Bride” and “Groom.”
- Representatives for Minaj have not yet publicly confirmed the wedding.
- Minaj is the highest-selling female rapper of all time and said she was retiring from music in order to start a family with 41-year-old Petty.
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Rapper Nicki Minaj appears to have tied the knot with her boyfriend Kenneth Petty.
In a video posted to her Instagram page on Monday, the 36-year-old lays out two mugs with the words “Mrs.” and “Mr.”, alongside two hats, one white which reads “Bride” and one black which reads “Groom.” There also appear to be a pair of glittery silver heels on the floor next to the items.
The caption of the post reads: ” Onika Tanya Maraj-Petty 10•21•19″ alongside several emojis including a bride and groom. Onika Tanya Maraj is the singer’s full name, though the addition of Petty hyphenated at the end alongside Monday’s date suggests that Minaj is now a married woman.
Representatives for Minaj have not yet publicly confirmed the wedding.
On August 12, during an episode of her Apple Music show “Queen Radio,” Minaj said she and Petty had obtained a marriage license and would be married within 80 days.
Minaj, the highest-selling female rapper of all time, announced that she was retiring from music in September in order to start a family. Minaj has been referring to Petty, 41, as her “husband” since at least March and has gone by “Mrs. Petty” on Twitter for months.
Her engagement to Petty sparked controversy largely because he is a registered sex offender and was convicted of first-degree attempted rape when he was 16 years old, according to court documents obtained by TMZ.
Callie Ahlgrim contributed to this report.