- Orlando Bloom appeared on The Howard Stern Show on Wednesday, and, much to his dismay, was asked about those viral nude photos.
- Bloom was papped in 2016 paddleboarding in the nude with now-fiancee Katy Perry.
- The images swiftly went viral, partly because fans were so impressed by the size of his package.
- Bloom told Stern he had “no idea” the images were being taken.
- According to The Sun, he also said: “It is really not that big. Things are expanded on cameras with a big optical lens. It is an optical illusion.”
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Orlando Bloom wants you to know his member isn’t as big as it may appear.
The “Carnival Row” actor made waves back in 2016 when photos showing him paddleboarding in the nude in Sardinia with now-fiancee Katy Perry swiftly went viral, partly because fans were so impressed by the size of his package.
However, Bloom now wants to set the record straight.
Appearing on The Howard Stern Show on Wednesday, he said that he had “no idea” there were paparazzi around to take the photos, and the whole thing was “a joke.”
“That was a few years ago,” Bloom told Stern, adding: “I’m so in tune with nature.”
Stern complimented Bloom on his manhood, saying: “If I had a penis as nice as yours (and by the way I was mad at you for having such a nice penis because I was like this f—— guy is good looking, he should have a small penis), I would be out paddleboarding any time.
“Good for you being this good looking and having that kind of equipment. You’re truly blessed.’
However, Bloom said he wasn’t too impressed when he initially heard the photos were doing the rounds.
“I hadn’t done full-frontal, I wouldn’t have gone ‘Oh, I’m up for that,'” he said.
“I was like, ‘wait, what?'”
He told Stern he found out the photos had been leaked from his publicist.
“First there’s the photo with the block over it, and you make some jokes, ‘Well I hope they’ve got a black box big enough to cover it,'” he said.
“Then suddenly you realize somebody’s going to uncover the black box because they’re going to get paid enough money.
“So it was like a triple whammy. Photos, black box, no black box.”
According to The Sun, Bloom added: “It is really not that big. Things are expanded on cameras with a big optical lens. It is an optical illusion.”
After begging Stern to “get off this subject because it’s really going to be the only thing that gets picked up,” he added: “I do get my butt out in Carnival Row.”
The appearance was one of many Bloom has made to promote the new Amazon Prime Video series, which also stars Cara Delevingne.
Insider has reached out to Orlando Bloom’s representatives for comment.