- Evan Agostini/A
- On Monday, Kim Kardashian West and Kylie Jenner released a promotional video to support their upcoming collaboration for the elder sister’s perfume brand, KKW Fragrance.
- The video shows miniature versions of their lip-shaped fragrance in the scent “Nude” being poured from a dish.
- On social media, many people said the perfume advertisement looks more like a commercial for peanut candy or cereal.
- The perfumes will officially launch on August 23. Each bottle will retail for $40.
- Visit INSIDER’s homepage for more stories.
From wearing one-legged leotards to applying makeup while drunk, the Kardashian-Jenners are always finding new ways to promote their business ventures. Kim Kardashian West and Kylie Jenner most recent advertisement, however, has left many people confused.
On Monday, the sisters released a promotional video to support their upcoming collaboration for Kardashian West’s perfume brand, KKW fragrance.
The video features hundreds of miniature perfume bottles, which are shaped like lips, being poured from a dish. The scent “Nude” is seen in the video.
— KKW FRAGRANCE (@KKWFRAGRANCE) August 12, 2019
In response to the video, which was posted on Instagram and Twitter, many people said the miniature perfume bottles resemble peanuts, making the advertisement look more like a commercial for peanut candy or cereal.
I thought you were coming out with a cereal for a second there. I would’ve been here for that lol
— Thom the Makeup Artist (@Totallythom) August 13, 2019
These look like peanuts in a candy bar commercial.
— Emily (@emfraze) August 12, 2019
Thought this was a snicker ad ???? or payday ???? Yummy
— Acondria (@Acondria2) August 12, 2019
People also questioned the advertisement on Instagram.
“Are those peanuts?” one Instagram user wrote.
“Anyone else think these were peanuts?” another person said, followed by a laughing-face emoji.
“Is it gonna smell like peanuts?” someone wrote. “I’m confused by the graphics in this video.”
While it’s unclear if the perfume bottles were intended to look like peanuts in the promotional video, the “Nude” scent of the fragrance does not seem to have any nut-related notes.
According to the KKW Fragrance website, the perfume is actually made with scents of magnolia, jasmine, peony, “solar spices,” lily of the valley, Tahitian vanilla, “vibrant amber,” and musk.
- KKW Fragrance
Kardashian West and Jenner will officially launch their perfume collaboration on August 23 at 12 p.m. PST. Three different fragrances – Red, Pink, and Nude – are included, and each bottle retails for $40.
Representatives for KKW Fragrance did not immediately reply to INSIDER’s request for comment.
- Read more:
- People can hardly recognize Kim Kardashian in new photos that promote her makeup line
- A fashion designer is accusing Fashion Nova of copying two of her dresses after Kylie Jenner wore them
- Jeffree Star called Kylie Jenner’s skin-care line a ‘complete joke’ and ‘money grab,’ and laughed at her upcoming product launch
- Jameela Jamil criticized Kim Kardashian’s new body foundation and said she’d rather ‘make peace’ with her stretch marks and eczema than wear it