- Jayde Donovan, a TV and radio host, has a viral hack for icing her breasts after breastfeeding.
- If she doesn’t have ice on hand, she will use Uncrustable sandwiches, as she first said on Twitter.
- She told INSIDER the Uncrustables, which are often stored in the freezer, are not only practical ice packs but also can be a pretty good snack when they thaw out.
- People think it’s a clever life hack.
- Donovan hopes that other moms see her tip and that it helps people.
One night in mid-November, Jayde Donovan, a New York-based TV and radio host, found herself in a pinch.
After “a particularly painful breastfeeding session,” she went to ice her breasts, as she typically does, she told INSIDER. But when she reached for the packs, Donovan realized she had forgotten to refreeze them.
Suddenly, she was struck: she could use frozen Uncrustable sandwiches, pre-packaged peanut butter and jelly sandwiches that come without crusts, as ice packs instead.
And, because it’s 2018, the new mom shared her wisdom on Twitter in a post that seems to have struck a chord.
“I just used frozen Uncrustables as boob ice packs,” she wrote. “Which actually makes perfect sense bc after they defrost in your nursing bra – oh look a delicious treat.”
I just used frozen uncrustables as boob ice packs. Which actually makes perfect sense bc after they defrost in your nursing bra oh look a delicious treat. #lifehack #boobhack pic.twitter.com/XCNM7Y3SVO
— Jayde Donovan (@jaydedonovan) November 13, 2018
Online, people love her tip.
This is genius! Where was this advice when I was breastfeeding?!? https://t.co/EJ3SXKmL4k
— Jackie Frost (@Frostys_Mom) December 2, 2018
Lmao! Smart and yummy!
— MeLy MeL (@Meluski) November 14, 2018
Life hack. https://t.co/O1zp2iVAyy
— sunny smart (@SunnySmarty) December 6, 2018
Life changing tip!
— Lo (@Mrs_Ossa) November 14, 2018
A screenshot of Donovan’s tweet also made the rounds on r/BabyBumps. “I actually tried this and I’m not mad about it,” user tessa1hope began the thread.
“It dawned on me they were the exact size and shape I needed, so I tossed them in my nursing bra and went on to sweet relief,” Donovan told INSIDER of her hack. “After about 10 minutes they defrosted and since I was hungry, because you’re always hungry while breastfeeding, I enjoyed the fruits of my labor.”
And while she joked that “going viral for chilling my boobs with food has always been a dream” of hers, Donovan does hope that her post will help new moms in her same situation.
“I can only hope that after seeing my tweet moms all over the world are getting sweet boob relief plus a snack when they need it most,” she said.
Truly, that is the best of both worlds.
Visit INSIDER’s homepage for more.
- Read more:
- Kim Kardashian West is the subject of a master’s thesis, and she wants to see a copy
- People in a small Pennsylvania city are using a Christmas tree to fill a persistent pothole
- A Russian Orthodox priest says he will ‘pay penance’ after flaunting Gucci shoes and Louis Vuitton handbags on Instagram