- Gotham/Getty Images
- On Thursday, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley stepped out in New York City wearing a pair of heeled flip flops.
- She also carried a pillow-style clutch and donned a purple high-neck dress with a daring cutout across the chest.
- Huntington-Whiteley has worn high-heeled flip flops in the past, bringing back a trend that was last popular in the early 2000s.
- Stars like Rihanna have also shown their affinity for the footwear.
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Rosie Huntington-Whiteley is bringing back heeled flip flops from the early 2000s.
On Thursday, the model stepped out in New York City wearing a black pair of shoes, which were square-toed and had multiple straps across the foot and ankle. She also carried a baby-pink clutch that looked like a pillow.
For her outfit, Huntington-Whiteley donned a knit purple dress with a high neckline, long sleeves, and a daring cutout across the chest.
- Gotham/Getty Images
Her shoes appear to have been designed by Bottega Veneta. While the exact sandals are not currently available online, the brand does sell similar shoes in other colors on its website.
Insider has reached out to Bottega Veneta for confirmation.
- Robert Kamau/Getty Images
Huntington-Whiteley has worn heeled flip flops before. In October, the model was spotted in Los Angeles, California, wearing a white pair of the shoes. She paired them with an ankle-length skirt and oversized turtleneck.
Still, she’s not the first celebrity to wear the trend. Instead, she seems to be following in the footsteps of Rihanna, who wore the same white flip flops on October 13. Rihanna paired the shoes with a strapless white dress and narrow sunglasses, creating a look that will take you back to the early 2000s.
- James Devaney/Getty Images
- Read more:
- Celebrities like Rihanna and Kim Kardashian are bringing high-heeled flip flops back from the early 2000s
- Gigi Hadid turned heads in a $3,605 outfit with a giant diamond ring worn as an earring
- Kim Kardashian paired a denim corset with matching pants and leather chaps
- Bella Hadid wore a black bodysuit with what looks like nipple and belly-button piercings over the top