- Isla Fisher/Instagram/SplashNews.com
- Sacha Baron Cohen looks ripped in a new video posted on Instagram by his wife.
- Isla Fisher wrote of how proud she is of her 48-year-old husband for “working so hard” both physically and mentally for his latest role in the Netflix drama “The Spy.”
- The video shows the actor topless while doing some bicep curls with heavy 28lb dumbells.
- Fans and fellow Hollywood stars were surprised to see Baron Cohen’s new body with Chelsea Handler commenting: “It’s important for us all to realize that Sascha is indeed hot,” and Mindy Kaling saying: “great now I’m turned on.”
- The actor was recently nominated for Best Actor at the 2020 Golden Globes for his role as the Israeli spy Eli Cohen in “The Spy.”
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Fisher filmed her husband doing some bicep curls with heavy 28lb dumbells.
She explained in the caption that the 48-year-old “worked so hard” to transform his body for his latest role in the Netflix drama “The Spy” for which he received a Golden Globe nomination for Best Actor.
“He worked so hard transforming for his role in The Spy- not just getting rid of his dad-bod (see video) but learning three dialects, including Syrian and living in Casablanca, mainly in character for 4 months while shooting,” Fisher wrote.
View this post on Instagram
So proud of the Hubs @sachabaroncohen getting a Golden Globe nomination for Best Actor in a limited series. He worked so hard transforming for his role in The Spy- not just getting rid of his dad-bod (see video) but learning three dialects, including Syrian and living in Casablanca, mainly in character for 4 months while shooting. This honor is shared with Eli Cohen‘s family, thank you for letting him bring the story to screen and to the HFPA ????
The show, based on a true story, saw Baron Cohen take on Israel’s most prominent spy Eli Cohen who infiltrated the Syrian government in the 1960s.
But fans and fellow Hollywood stars seemed to be a little more impressed by the British actor’s new ripped body.
- 20th Century Fox
Baron Cohen and Fisher, who wed back in 2010, celebrated their 18-year anniversary last Sunday.