- Bethany Biron/Business Insider
- Sears laid off 250 employees at its corporate headquarters in Hoffman Estates, Illinois, last week, according to a company filing.
- Sears is also planning to close another round of Sears and Kmart stores before the end of the year, according to the company. Sears declined to provide a complete list of the stores that it plans to close.
- Business Insider compiled a list of at least 60 locations set to close that Sears has confirmed to local media outlets.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Sears laid off 250 employees at its corporate headquarters in Hoffman Estates, Illinois, last week and will close another round of Sears and Kmart stores before the end of the year, Business Insider has learned.
Sears’ parent company, Transform Holdco, announced the layoffs in a notice filed with the state of Illinois on August 29, a spokesperson for the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity told Business Insider. The notice indicated that the layoffs would take effect in October, the spokesperson said.
“The filing referenced… refers to actions that were taken last week,” said Sears spokesman Larry Costello. “There is no additional action planned for October.”
Transform Holdco bought Sears out of bankruptcy in February. At the time, the company had roughly 400 Sears and Kmart stores. In early August, the company announced a round of 26 stores scheduled to close by November.
Many of the stores included in the new round of closures will be shut down by the end of the year. Liquidations are expected to start in September and stores will close by December, Costello said.
Costello declined to say how many stores are included in the latest round of closures and said the company would notify local media outlets if nearby stores are closing.
Business Insider has a compiled a list of at least 60 store closures that Sears confirmed to local media outlets.
In response to a Business Insider inquiry about the closings on Friday, the company said: “As we continue our transformation efforts, we are working closely with our stakeholders, and evaluating our network of stores, operations, and business strategy in order to stabilize the business and support a long-term path to profitable success.”
If you are a Sears employee, contact this reporter at email@example.com.
Here’s the new list of closures confirmed by Sears to local media outlets.
- 3300 Broadway St., Eureka, CA
- 2561 El Camino Real, Carlsbad, CA
- 10302 Southside Blvd., Jacksonville, FL
- 10401 US Highway 441, Leesburg, FL
- 1360 Oviedo Marketplace Blvd., Oviedo, FL
- 701 Russell Ave., Gaithersburg, MD
- 700 S Telshor Blvd., Las Cruces, NM
- 771 S 30th St., Heath, OH
- 1500 W Chestnut St., Washington, PA
- 1305 Airline Road, Corpus Christi, TX
- 1219 S. Boone St., Aberdeen, WA
- 1302 SE Everett Mall Way, Everett, WA
- 175 Maag Ave., Oakdale, CA
- 710 W.Tehachapi Blvd., Tehachapi, CA
- 3415 N. Elizabeth St., Pueblo, CO
- 595 Straits Tpke, Watertown, CT
- 301 Governor Place, Bear, DE
- 4700 Limestone Rd., Wilmington, DE
- 3825 7th St. NW, Miami, FL
- 1501 US-1, Vero Beach, FL
- 1815 21st St., Lewiston, ID
- 2258 Addison Ave. E., Twin Falls, ID
- 7325 W. 79th St., Bridgeview, IL
- 705 N Dixon Rd., Kokomo, IN
- 3150 National Rd., W, Richmond, IN
- 2801 Calumet Ave., Valparaiso, IN
- 1519 IN-37 S, Elwood, IN
- 411 Russet Dyche Hwy, Somerset, KY
- 2001 Main St., Brockton, MA
- 70 Worcester Rd., Webster, MA
- 77 Middlesex Ave., Somerville, MA
- 603 Center St., Auburn, ME
- 58 Western Ave., Augusta, ME
- 2095 Rawsonville Rd., Belleville, MI
- 4290 Vienna Rd., Clio, MI
- 2425 S.1-75 Business., Grayling, MI
- 802 W. State St., Hastings, MI
- 1101 7th Ave., Menominee, MI
- 1820 S. Saginaw Rd., Midland, MI
- 5719 N US-23, Oscoda, MI
- 1606 MN-11, International Falls, MN
- 245 E Maryland Ave., St Paul, MN
- 2024 US-2 E, Kalispel, MT
- 2301 S. University Dr., Fargo, ND
- 250 New Road (Rt. 9), Somers Point, NJ
- 1061 Whitehorse Ave., Trenton, NJ
- 1825 State Hwy 35, Wall, NJ
- 1020 Hamburg Tpke., Wayne, NJ
- 2803 Brewerton Rd., Mattydale, NY
- 241 Wooster Rd. N, Barberton, OH
- 2400 Stringtown Rd., Grove City, OH
- 2501 Redwheat Dr., Clinton, OK
- 1005 Wayne Ave., Chambersburg, PA
- 713 E Baltimore Pike, Clifton Heights, PA
- 600 MacDade Blvd., Holmes, PA
- 451 Hyde Park Rd., Leechburg, PA
- 2650 Elwood Rd., New Castle, PA
- 320 S 25th St., Easton, PA
- 328 Ennis Lane, Towanda, PA
- 4377 PA-313 Doylestown, PA
- 600 MacDade Blvd., Holmes, PA
- 1 Parkside Ave., Shillington, PA
- 745 S Bluff St., George, UT
- 800 N. Union St., Mauston, WI
- 5141 Douglas Ave., Racine, WI
- 649 / 1200 W Fond duLac St., Ripon, WI
- 201 Crossings Mall, Elkview, WV
*An earlier version of this story stated that the 250 layoffs would take effect in October, based on information from the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity. A Sears spokesperson later said the layoffs were executed last week, and that there are no additional actions planned for October.