- Have you ever seen 45 rattlesnakes?
- Nathan Hawkins of Big Country Snake Removal in Texas has.
- His company was called to a home in Texas on March 13 when a homeowner saw a “few” snakes in his basement.
- By most measures, 45 is more than a “few.”
- But Hawkins said on Facebook that this pretty much regular stuff for Big Country Snake Removal.
On March 13, a man in Abilene, Texas, saw what he thought was a “few” rattlesnakes in his home. As it turns out, it was more than just a one or two – which is already way too many – or even three or four or five.
It was – and it cannot be emphasized enough – more than a few snakes.
When the homeowner, who has not been identified, called Big Country Snake Removal for help they found 45 snakes in the home. Yes, 45.
Have you ever seen 45 rattlesnakes? Well, there’s video.
The homeowner first stumbled upon the snakes by chance, Nathan Hawkins, the owner of the snake removal business, said.
“Due to the high winds, their tv [and] cable was acting up, so a gentleman crawled under to see what was going on. He saw a ‘few’ snakes and quickly crawled out,” the Facebook post noted.
That initial discovery led to something much larger. But Hawkins said that in Texas they run into this kind of thing “often” and recommended frequent home inspection – just to be cautious.
The business owner noted that this case was “interesting” because the homeowners’ “yard was very well kept and their house was nice and clean.”
With warm weather and rattlesnake season approaching in Texas, the company concluded the post with a warning of sorts: “Rattlesnakes don’t care how nice your house is or what kind car you drive – they care simply about survival.”