- Stormy Daniels’ “60 Minutes” interview about her alleged affair with President Trump scored the CBS show its best ratings in nearly a decade.
- The interview is expected to post the highest ratings for the show since Barack and Michelle Obama gave their first post-election interview in November 2008, which netted 24.5 million viewers.
- In the interview, the adult-film actress said she was threatened with physical violence in 2011 after she attempted to share her story of an affair between her and Trump.
Stormy Daniels’ highly anticipated interview with “60 Minutes” is expected to give the CBS news-magazine show its best ratings since November 2008, when Barack and Michelle Obama sat down for their first post-election interview, Deadline reports.
The adult-film actress opened up in the interview on Sunday about her alleged affair with President Trump. Daniels told Anderson Cooper that she was once threatened with physical violence in 2011 after she attempted to share her story of the alleged affair.
Daniels’ interview scored over twice the average number of viewers for “60 Minutes,” according to Nielsen‘s preliminary “overnight” measurement. Once the final numbers are in, the interview is expected to post the highest ratings for the show since the Obamas’ 2008 interview netted 24.5 million viewers.
“60 Minutes” benefited on Sunday from a huge ratings lead-in of an NCAA basketball game between Kansas and Duke that went into overtime. Daniels was the No. 1 trending topic on Twitter over the course of Sunday evening, including for several hours after the interview concluded.
The White House has denied the alleged affair, which Daniels said began in 2006 and lasted 10 months. Shortly before the 2016 presidential election, Daniels signed a nondisclosure agreement and accepted $130,000 in “hush money” from a company linked to Trump’s personal attorney.
Daniels sued the president earlier this month in California state court, claiming the agreement was not valid in part because Trump did not sign it. She was also hit with a cease-and-desist letter from Trump’s personal counsel following the “60 Minutes” interview.