- Singer Susan Boyle is back on “America’s Got Talent: The Champions” after coming in second on “Britain’s Got Talent” in 2009.
- In an interview with People, Boyle talks about Simon Cowell’s mentorship in her singing career.
- “AGT: The Champions” airs Mondays at 8pm EST on NBC.
Susan Boyle is back.
Ten years after coming in second place on “Britain’s Got Talent” and skyrocketing to international fame with her rendition of “I Dreamed A Dream,” Boyle is competing on “America’s Got Talent: The Champions” for another chance at victory.
Simon Cowell is known for his brutally honest critiques of auditions on talent competition shows, but Boyle says he’s not always so harsh. In an interview with People, Boyle talked about Cowell’s mentorship throughout her time in the spotlight. She signed a multi-album deal with Syco Music, Cowell’s record label, and has sold over 25 million records, according to The Sun.
“Simon is the biggest inspiration in my career. He’s been my boss for almost 10 years, and I strive to make him proud. He inspires me to continue and strive for perfection,” she said, adding that he’s the “best boss in the world.”
Cowell has helped launch many careers in his time as a judge on shows like “American Idol,” “The X Factor,” and “Britain’s Got Talent,” including One Direction, Kelly Clarkson, Leona Lewis, Carrie Underwood, Fifth Harmony, and Ella Henderson.
“AGT: The Champions” airs Mondays at 8 pm EST on NBC. You can watch Boyle’s triumphant return to the show below.
Visit INSIDER’s homepage for more.
- Read more:
- A devastating performance from a deaf singer blew everyone away on ‘America’s Got Talent’
- Simon Cowell signs deal to keep ‘The X Factor’ and ‘Britain’s Got Talent’ on ITV until 2019
- A man dropped his wife during their trapeze routine on ‘America’s Got Talent’ – and the video is frightening
- My 11-year-old son signed up to audition for ‘America’s Got Talent’ – here’s what it was like at the giant open call