- Alyssa Powell/Business Insider
- Black Friday offers some of the year’s best discounts on tech, home, and more.
- Find a sneak peek of Target’s Black Friday ad for 2019 on Target’s website and our breakdown of some of the best deals in it below.
- This year, Target is likely to offer lowest-ever prices across categories. Discounts will be particularly great for RedCard holders.
- We’re tracking Target’s best Black Friday deals in this article, so bookmark it for the big day. We’re also keeping tabs on the best deals available online at Amazon, Walmart, Best Buy, Nordstrom, The Home Depot, and more stores.
- To potentially save more on Black Friday deals this year, visit Business Insider Coupons to find the most up-to-date Target coupons and promo codes.
Black Friday is, statistically speaking, one of the best days of the year to shop. Nothing is off-limits when it comes to a discount: TVs, cult-favorite cooking products, the latest smart home gadgets … if you go into the shopping event knowing what you want and which retailer is selling it for the lowest price, you can make quick work of a shopping and holiday gifting.
When does Target release its Black Friday deals?
It depends. This year, there will be a public Black Friday preview sale on November 8 and November 9.
Target will again give RedCard holders early access to shop more than 100 deals all day on Wednesday, November 27. Members of Target Circle (the company’s free loyalty program) will reportedly get early access at 6 p.m. Central Time on November 27.
For everyone else, Target Black Friday deals became available on Thanksgiving morning.
Early Black Friday deals and predictions
Target released its Black Friday ad on November 6. It’s also instituting something called “HoliDeals” which includes discounts dropping throughout the season on thousands of items. That will start on Friday, November 8 with a two-day Black Friday preview sale with reportedly four times as many early deals as last year.
Target’s Black Friday preview sale is November 8-9, 2019. Here’s what to buy:
- Get 5% off Target digital gift card purchases
- TCL 65″ Roku Smart 4K UHD HDR TV, $400 (originally $750) [You save $250]
- Canon Rebel T6 DSLR bundle, $399.99 (originally $749.99) [You save $350]
- Get a $200 Target gift card with the purchase of the newest generation iPhones
- Dyson V7 Motorhead, $199.99 (originally $299.99) [You save $100]
- Instant Pot Duo Nova, $64.95 (originally $99.95) [You save $35]
Here are Target Thanksgiving and Black Friday deals we already know:
- Xbox One S 1TB Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order bundle, $199.99 plus free $40 Target gift card (originally $299.99) [You save $100, get $40 gift card]
- Beats Studio3 Wireless Headphones, $279.99 (originally $349.99) [You save $70]
- Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS), $169.99, (originally $199.99) [You save $30]
- Apple Watch Series 5 (GPS), $399.99 (originally $499.99) [You save $100]
- Airpods with Charging Case, $144.99 (originally $199.99) [You save $55]
- Keurig K-Mini, $49.99 (originally $89.99) [You save $40]
- Power 3 Qt Air Fryer, $49.99 (originally $99.99)
- Get a $10 gift card and Quip Black Metal Electric Toothbrush, $40 (originally $50) [You save $10, get a $10 gift card]
- Buy one iTunes gift card, get one 30% off
- Take 50% off select toys and buy-one-get-one 50% off on other toys
- Spend $50 in-store or online on Black Friday, November 29 and get a 20% off coupon to redeem online or in stores December 3-14
And, to keep up with retailers with great shipping policies (cough, Amazon), you may see cheaper expedited shipping. Target already offers free shipping on everything.
Another good rule of thumb is to pay attention to which popular items are being featured in the Black Friday ads of other retailers, like the Instant Pot, or devices like smart home gadgets that are exclusive to select retailers and openly competing with one another. No one likes to be outdone, and even if the same model isn’t on sale at both Amazon and Target, you’re likely to find a different model similarly discounted at a competing retailer. Plus, while major retailers like Target tend to suspend their price-match policy during big sales events, they typically try to price-match sales on popular items with their biggest competitors.
Will Target be open on Thanksgiving?
Yes. Target will be open for an eight-hour shift from 5 p.m. to 1 a.m. on Thanksgiving Day like it was last year. Doors close at 1 a.m. and re-open again at 7 a.m. on Friday, November 29.
Does Target allow in-store pick-up?
Sometimes, but you may not want to count on it. There are certain items that will be eligible for in-store pickup, but not likely everything you’ll want to buy.
What is Target’s return policy?
For items purchased from November 1 – December 25, the 30-day return period will start on December 26. As usual, RedCard holders have a longer returns window.
Is Target price-matching during Black Friday?
No. Target will price-match between its online and in-store prices, but not with competitors.
However, Target will likely keep prices as close to competitors as possible, and most major retailers tend to adjust prices throughout the day to remain competitive. You just won’t have 14 days to ask for a differential refund if you come across something lower.
Will RedCard holders still get 5% back on purchases at Target through Black Friday?
Yes. You’ll see the return back on your RedCard in one to two business days.
Are there any ways to save even more at Target on Black Friday?
As mentioned, it certainly doesn’t hurt to be a RedCard holder. They typically get early access to the deals, and they get an extra 5% off their purchases. You’ll also get free shipping with no minimum. If you make purchases with a Target Debit Card, Credit Card, or Target Mastercard (all RedCards) you also get an additional 30 days to return a purchase.
You can also get early access for free by joining Target Circle, the retailer’s free loyalty program.
The benefits may be slim in comparison, but it also doesn’t hurt to download the Target app. Retailers with apps are known to push specific coupons or exclusive discounts to those with it downloaded already or to incentivize downloads.
And while it pays to get early access to avoid sellouts, Target is offering incentives for shopping on Black Friday, too. Shoppers who spend $50 (in-store or online) on November 29 get a 20% off coupon to redeem online or in stores December 3 through December 14.
In terms of strategy, the best plan is to have a plan. Make a wish-list of what you’d like to buy day-of by clicking the heart on a Target product. When Black Friday deals open to the public, shop your wish-list and don’t get lost browsing. And prioritize whatever is most likely to sell out first.