- Philippe Lopez/ Getty
- By signing up for Target’s REDcard, you earn 5% off every purchase.
- If you buy a Disney Gift Card using the REDcard at Target, you will also get a 5% discount.
- You can use the Disney Gift Card to purchase park tickets or to buy food while at the parks.
- Visit INSIDER’s homepage for more.
Most of us have fallen victim to “The Target Effect” and overspend while shopping at the retail giant (even celebrities!). But, there is a major money-saving benefit to being a frequent Target shopper: discounts at Disney parks.
Target lovers can cash in on the savings by signing up for Target’s REDcard, which can act as a debit or credit card. With the card, shoppers earn 5% off every Target purchase, both in-store and online.
If you use the REDcard to purchase a Disney Gift Card – which is for sale at most Target locations – you can get 5% off the usual price. For example, if you purchase a $500 Disney gift card, you will only pay $475.
Disney Gift Cards can be used to purchase Disney World or Disneyland park tickets, to shop at Disney stores, to pay for Disney resorts, and to buy food at some Disney park eateries.
Susan Veness, the author of “Walt Disney World Hacks,” says buying a gift card will also help you save money by putting a limit on how much you can actually spend while at the parks.
“They are a good way to control the budget if you’re trying to avoid impulse buying or limit children’s spending on souvenirs,” Veness writes in her book.
- Read more:
- The best times to buy Disney tickets to save the most money
- 2 major things Target employees would like to tell shoppers, but can’t
- 14 things you should buy at Target – and 14 more you should avoid at all costs
- Target is raising its minimum wage as part of its latest barrage in the war for talent