- John Sciulli, Slaven Vlasic, and Steve Granitz/ Getty
- Kamala Harris held a fundraising event at the home of Scooter Braun, and Katy Perry, Demi Lovato, and Ariana Grande were all in attendance.
- Taylor Swift publically vilified Braun in June for buying her entire catalog. She called him“incessant” and “manipulative.”
- Now Swift’s fans are calling out Harris for working with Braun.
- “If @KamalaHarris thinks this will get her votes she is delusional and @scooterbraun is a thief,” one fan Tweeted.
- Visit INSIDER’s homepage for more stories.
Music manager Scooter Braun hosted a fundraising event at his Los Angeles home for presidential candidate Kamala Harris on Saturday, and some big stars were in attendance, including Katy Perry, Demi Lovato, and Ariana Grande.
Notably, Taylor Swift was not at the event after she publically called Scooter “incessant, manipulative” and a “bully” in June. Now, Swift’s fans are speaking out against Harris for collaborating with Swift’s nemesis, despite the fact that the singer has voiced her support for the candidate in the past.
Demi Lovato, Katy Perry and Ariana Grande together! ???? pic.twitter.com/Jni53XgJrB
— Demi Lovato Charts (@dlcharts) July 21, 2019
“If @KamalaHarris thinks this will get her votes she is delusional and @scooterbraun is a thief who uses these women to advance his bank account just like Kamala used a man to advance her career,” Millie James Tweeted.
Another fan tweeted: “I was so excited for you as a democratic candidate, but if you so choose to go to an event held by @scooterbraun, a man whose arrogance mirrors our president’s, I can no long hold onto my excitement and faith for you as a presidential candidate, @KamalaHarris #disappointed.”
Fans are coming to Swift’s defense after Braun bought Big Machine Records, which included all of the singer’s catalog.
“I learned about Scooter Braun’s purchase of my masters as it was announced to the world,” Swift wrote in a Tumblr post at the time. “All I could think about was the incessant, manipulative bullying I’ve received at his hands for years.”
But that didn’t stop her fellow artists from attending the event at Braun’s mansion, which was billed as a “Fireside Chat with Kamala.” In fact, 100 people showed up to the event, according to the Daily Mail, which included Eva Longoria and DreamWorks co-founder Jeffrey Katzenberg.