- Arik McArthur/FilmMagic
- Daniel Hernandez – a controversial rapper known as Tekashi 6ix9ine – is working on a new album from prison, according to TMZ.
- TMZ says h’s being inspired by the life stories of his fellow inmates.
- Federal authorities charged Hernandez with several crimes related to firearms possession and racketeering. If convicted, he could be in prison for decades.
- His last album, “Dummy Boy,” was released in November to strong sales and bad reviews.
Tekashi 6ix9ine – the controversial rapper and alleged gang member whose real name is Daniel Hernandez – is putting together his next album while behind bars, according to TMZ.
Citing sources close to Hernandez, TMZ reported that he’s “spending most of his time behind bars writing and producing songs for his next album,” being inspired by other people locked up on criminal charges.
“He’s actually been getting inspiration from some of his fellow inmates … listening to their life stories,” TMZ wrote. “On the negative side, he’s facing possible life imprisonment for the various charges, and the negative forces have inspired some serious writing.”
In November, federal authorities charged Hernandez with a number of crimes related to racketeering and illegal firearms possession, alleging he’s part of a gang called the Nine Trey Gangsters. He pleaded not guilty to all charges.
- Bob Levey/Getty Images
As his case makes its way through the court system, Hernandez is spending time in a federal prison in Queens, according to Newsweek. Earlier this month, his visitation rules were changed after his girlfriend posted a racy Instagram photo of herself visiting him in prison.
If convicted on all counts, Hernandez could be in prison for decades. He’s also reportedly under investigation for the shooting of a rival rapper, Chief Keef, and may be resentenced for a 2015 child sex conviction.
- Read more:
- Here’s everything you need to know about Tekashi 6ix9ine, the controversial 22-year-old rapper who could go to prison for life
- Some evidence and details in rapper Tekashi 6ix9ine’s criminal case will be kept secret
- Federal authorities are reportedly investigating the possible involvement of rapper Tekashi 6ix9ine in the attempted shooting of rapper Chief Keef
Visit INSIDER’s homepage for more.