Hello! Here’s what’s happening on Friday.
1.US President Donald Trump said he would pull out of the World Trade Organization. He added that the establishing the trade body “was the single worst trade deal ever made.”
2. China may get hit with US tariffs on $200 billion worth of goods. The move would be a massive escalation of the trade war.
3. London Mayor Sadiq Khan laughed off far-right protest plans to launch a balloon of him in a yellow bikini over London. The campaign was established in response to Khan’s decision to allow a blimp depicting Trump in a diaper during his visit to the UK last month.
4.The UN is calling on China to “immediately release” one million Muslims in detention centers. US lawmakers have also renewed calls for China to end its repression of minority groups in the Xinjiang region.
5. Google is fighting back against Trump’s latest attack on it. Trump had accused Google of bias towards him, and Google provided evidence that falsifying his claims.
6. Russia and China are preparing for a nuclear war with their biggest ever war games. Russia, the world’s largest nuclear power, and China, another established nuclear power, have become main targets of the US.
7. Apple may be preparing to unveil its new iPhone. The company has sent out invitations for an event at its Cupertino, California campus.
8. Tesla CEO Elon Musk and former Trump strategist Steve Bannon are engaged in a war of words. Bannon called Musk an “immature man child” which Musk said was some of the “best PR” he’s had.
9. An Australian filmmaker was sentenced to six years in jail in Cambodia for flying a drone over a political rally. The man has been charged with espionage, though it remains unclear for whom he was spying.
10. The International Space Station sprung a mini leak. NASA said in a press release that the six-person crew were never in danger, and that the cabin pressure is now holding steady.
And finally …