- NikkieTutorials / YouTube
- The beauty YouTuber Nikkie de Jager, aka NikkieTutorials, came out as a transgender woman in an inspiring and emotional video posted on Monday.
- Several tea (gossip) channels realized that the sister of the Too Faced Cosmetics cofounder Jerrod Blandino had changed her Instagram bio to make a snide remark.
- A screenshot showed that on her account @makupprincess, under the name Dani California, she changed her bio to: “Transgender huh? That’s not the only thing she’s been LYING about.”
- It was likely a continuation of a feud between Too Faced and de Jager, who is said to have been massively underpaid for the makeup palette she made with the company.
- As of Tuesday, the account’s bio read: “Lets be clear, I love trans people & dislike anyone who lies to hurt others! Period!”
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
The beauty superstar Nikkie de Jager, known to her nearly 13 million subscribers as NikkieTutorials, has received a flood of support from fans and YouTubers alike for her video she posted on Monday, titled “I’m Coming Out.”
YouTubers including James Charles, Jeffree Star, and Manny Mua were just some of the thousands of people who showed their love and support for de Jager when she revealed she is a transgender woman.
YOU are such an inspiration and so fucking brave! Love you and I’m so proud to call you a friend ???? https://t.co/RUBhMxNpZF
— Jeffree Star (@JeffreeStar) January 13, 2020
But among the few trolling comments, several tea (gossip) channels realized that the sister of the Too Faced Cosmetics cofounder Jerrod Blandino had changed her Instagram bio to make a snide remark.
A screenshot showed that on her account @makupprincess, under the name Dani California, she changed her bio to: “Transgender huh? That’s not the only thing she’s been LYING about.”
As of Tuesday, the bio read: “Lets be clear, I love trans people & dislike anyone who lies to hurt others! Period!”
View this post on Instagram
As we know, Nikkie Tutorials came out as transgender today (so beyond proud and happy for her!) but I’m sorry, it is absolutely NOT okay for Jerrod Blandino’s (Too Faced Cosmetics) sister to include this in her bio. It has since been changed but damn ???? . #nikkietutorials #toofacedcosmetics
The comment was most likely a continuation of the feud between de Jager and Too Faced Cosmetics.
In the Shane Dawson docuseries about his makeup collaboration with Jeffree Star, Star said Too Faced massively underpaid de Jager for her makeup collaboration with the company. Star said de Jager received a $50,000 flat fee for the palette while profits reached over $10 million.
“When she told me, I was so horrified,” Star said.
De Jager responded to the claims on Twitter in October, saying she was “naive” and “didn’t know better” when she took the deal. But she said that what really bothered her was the company making changes that she wasn’t aware of.
“At the end of the day, I signed it, it’s my own fault,” she wrote. “But what I’ll never forgive is that ‘allegedly’ they changed the palette’s quality behind my back. 1000’s of negative reviews & I was clueless.”
She said that she didn’t care about the money but that the negative reviews really got to her.
“I had to fight YEARS to prove my authenticity and gain your trust again,” she said.
I signed my contract with TF back then because I was naive & didn’t know better. at the end of the day, I signed it, it’s my own fault— but what I’ll never forgive is that “allegedly” they changed the palette’s quality behind my back. 1000’s of negative reviews & I was clueless
— NikkieTutorials (@NikkieTutorials) October 6, 2019
To complicate things further, de Jager said in her video that she was coming out now because she had been blackmailed by people who wanted to leak her transition story.
“I know you are watching this,” she said. “They said they wanted to leak it because I’m lying, or that I don’t want to tell my truth, or because they feel like I’m too scared for people to know who I truly am. I’m not scared.”
Too Faced did not immediately respond to Insider’s request for comment.
- Read more:
- Beauty YouTuber NikkieTutorials came out as a transgender woman in an emotional new video
- Beauty YouTuber NikkieTutorials says she was blackmailed before coming out as a transgender woman
- Makeup YouTuber Nikkie Tutorials explained why she took a deal for only $50k for her Too Faced collaboration after Jeffree Star said she took ‘dirt’
- Inside the life of NikkieTutorials, a beauty YouTuber who just came out as transgender in a new video
- Jeffree Star slammed social media rumors that his now ex-boyfriend Nathan Schwandt left him for a woman