- Crystal Cox/Business Insider
- In a new video, the YouTube influencer and stripper Yamilah Nguyen shared exactly how she spent her days as a traveling stripper.
- Traveling strippers go to clubs around the world for work rather than staying at one locale.
- Nguyen’s day included a nail appointment, Mediterranean food, strip-club auditions, and a late-night workout at her hotel.
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more.
Movies like “Hustlers” suggest strippers spend their evenings working at just one strip club, but that’s not the only way the dancers can make money.
In a new video, the YouTube influencer Yamilah Nguyen shared how she spent her days as a traveling stripper working at strip clubs around the world.
Nguyen shared the details of a day in Portland, Oregon, when she auditioned for jobs at strip clubs and ran work-related errands. Since Nguyen is working in Portland temporarily, she lives in the hotel where she’s staying and treats it as her home base.
Nguyen started the day with errands and self-care
Nguyen didn’t share the exact time she woke up, but she started her day with a shower and getting ready to go out.
“I did a double shift yesterday. Your girl is tired,” Nguyen said before leaving the hotel to get a manicure, a pedicure, and some lunch.
Once in her car, Nguyen tried the fermented tea drink kombucha for the first time and enjoyed it, even though she said it “smelled like rotten a– booty crack.”
Next, she got a lunch bowl with hummus, salad, beef, and lamb at a Mediterranean fast-casual restaurant; went to a makeup shop to buy setting spray and face powder; made a pit stop at a clothing store; and headed to a local nail salon for a white pedicure and long acrylic nails.
Nguyen also went to a stripper audition
- REUTERS/Jason Lee
By then, it was early evening, and Nguyen had to decide whether to work at a strip club at 7 p.m. or stay in for the night and work on her personal business, a line of fake lashes. In the end, she headed to an audition at a new club, dressed in jeans and a bodysuit she bought earlier that day.
“Hopefully this club will also hire me. I mean, some places are super bougie, some places only like people with pole tricks,” Nguyen said. “I don’t really know pole tricks like that, so hopefully my cuteness will win the audition over.”
Later, Nguyen told viewers she was hired at the club, officially securing it as her second job in Portland.
She ended the evening with a workout in the hotel gym
Nguyen decided to take off work that evening to recharge since she worked so much the day before.
“I feel like one thing, about dancing especially, is finding your balance,” she said. “Like if you overwork yourself, baby, you’re not going to have good shifts.”
She went to the gym inside her hotel and did some weight lifting and stretching before meeting up with an old friend for tequila shots and shrimp sliders.
- Read more:
- What it’s really like to have a sex therapist as a mom, from dinner-table sex talks to finding her lectures on YouTube
- At an exclusive Manhattan sex party, members can smoke weed, eat Haribo gummies, and have sex until 3 a.m.
- A ‘naked philanthropist’ who says she raised $1 million for Australia’s fires is now sending nudes to people who donate to Puerto Rico
If you’re a sex worker and want to share your experience, please email Julia Naftulin at firstname.lastname@example.org.