- President Donald Trump regularly mocks political opponents by crafting nicknames for them.
- In the 2016 Republican presidential primary, he routinely ridiculed his fellow GOP candidates with cruel nicknames.
- He has already started when it comes to the 2020 field of Democratic presidential candidates.
- Visit BusinessInsider.com for more stories.
President Donald Trump routinely crafts insulting nicknames for political opponents or other individuals who make him angry.
Trump is already reportedly brainstorming different nicknames to brand the large field of 2020 Democratic presidential candidates with, but has only used a handful so far. Here are the nicknames he has publicly used on the 2020 field.
“Crazy” Bernie Sanders
“Sleepy” Joe Biden
“Creepy” Joe Biden
Trump also calls Biden “Creepy” to mock him for inappropriate behavior around women.
“One Percent Joe” Biden
Before boarding Marine One on Tuesday, Trump gave Biden a new nickname, saying, “I call him ‘One Percent Joe,’ because until Obama came along, he didn’t do very well.”
“Pocahontas” for Elizabeth Warren
Trump uses “Pocahontas” for Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren. He uses it as a slur against Warren’s past claim of Native American heritage. When Warren announced her 2020 presidential bid, Trump also alluded to the forced relocation of Native Americans in the 1800s, know as the Trail of Tears.
“Alfred E. Neuman” for Pete Buttigieg
“Snowman(woman)!” Amy Klobuchar
“Lightweight” Kirsten Gillibrand
Bill de Blasio “the worst mayor in the U.S.”
- Read more:
- 9 reasons why Trump could win reelection
- 9 reasons why Trump could lose reelection
- Joe Biden’s running as a bipartisan moderate, but he keeps flip-flopping on key policy issues to please the Democratic base
- 6 Democrats would beat Trump if the election were held today, according to a new national poll