- @TedCruz / Twitter
- The Houston Rockets lost to the Golden State Warriors 101-92 in Game 7 of the Western Conference Finals.
- Before the game, Senator Ted Cruz tweeted a photo of him at the game, prompting all of Twitter to make the same joke about the Rockets’ chances.
- This is not the first time this postseason that a politician has caused a scene sitting courtside at a game.
On Monday night, the Houston Rockets hosted the Golden State Warriors in Game 7 of the Western Conference Finals.
Heading into the game, there’s no doubt that a seat at the game was the hottest ticket in town on Monday, so it’s no surprise that those Houston fans that were able to get into the Toyota Center were posting about it – including Senator Ted Cruz.
— Ted Cruz (@tedcruz) May 29, 2018
Unsurprisingly, the tweet caused quite a reaction from other Twitter users, prompting many to make some version of the same joke – this was not a good sign for the Rockets.
Warriors by 50 https://t.co/6xPfrVEhrK
— No.1 Troop Respecter (@FanSince09) May 29, 2018
Warriors Cavs again https://t.co/KnUGqsMuQt
— Trill Withers (@TylerIAm) May 29, 2018
So Warriors-Cavs, ha? https://t.co/K8z69Cz3uD
— Reginald Adetula (@RegAdetula) May 29, 2018
smh this must be what Sonny felt like in A Bronx Tale when he found out that Eddie Mush bet the same horse as him at the horse races https://t.co/AHgBW3T4xG
— Shea Serrano (@SheaSerrano) May 29, 2018
As it turns out, the Twitter jokesters were right – the Rockets collapsed in the second half at home, losing to the Warriros 101-92 and ruining the night for the sold-out Houston crowd.
This not the first time a politician has made waves on Twitter during the 2018 NBA postseason.
In the first round, former 2012 Republican presidential nominee and aspiring Utah senator Mitt Romney was seen heckling Russell Westbrook while sitting courtside during Game 4 of the series between the Utah Jazz and Oklahoma City Thunder.
More NBA playoffs coverage:
- Steve Kerr’s biggest grievance with the Warriors is haunting them in a way nobody saw coming
- LeBron James takes immaculate care of his body, and the NBA world is in awe of it
- LeBron James just pulled off what his former GM called ‘unprecedented’ and perhaps the most impressive accomplishment of his career
- LeBron once again showcased his photographic memory, recalling all 6 of his turnovers in exact detail
- ‘He’s downstairs – you can go ask him’: Kevin Durant challenged Charles Barkley to go talk to Draymond Green after calling him ‘annoying’