- Yale Law School/Facebook
On Tuesday, US News & World Report released its annual ranking of top law schools. Yale School took the highest award as No. 1 in the US.
This makes Yale Law the reigning champion every single one of the 23 years US News has rated law schools based on data metrics.
Harvard Law School slipped to No. 3 after tying for No. 2 with Stanford Law School last year.
Yale Law has a 9% acceptance rate and about 85% of students have employment at the time of graduation.
The US News methodology uses a number of measures – like selectivity, employment rates, and bar passage rate – to rank top law schools, and the weighted average of these scores determines the ranking.There is also a peer assessment score factored into the ranking, as rated by law school deans.
Take a look below to see the top 10 law schools in the nation.
10. Northwestern Pritzker School of Law
10. Duke University School of Law
8. University of Virginia School of Law
8. University of Michigan Law School
7. University of Pennsylvania Law School
6. New York University School of Law
5. Columbia Law School
4. University of Chicago Law School
3. Harvard Law School
2. Stanford Law School
1. Yale Law School