- Robin Jones – AFC Bournemouth/AFC Bournemouth via Getty Images
- Chelsea took on Bournemouth in a Premier League matchup at Dean Court Wednesday night.
- Early in the contest, Chelsea defender David Luiz took a nasty shot to the face off a ball kicked at full force by Bournemouth striker Joshua King.
- Luiz appeared to be knocked out cold, falling straight to the ground on the impact and leaving the field after receiving medical attention.
- Just a few seconds later, however, the Brazilian footballer returned to the field as if nothing had happened.
David Luiz is a trooper in the truest sense of the word.
Early in his team’s contest at Bournemouth, the Chelsea defender got smacked in the head by a full-force kick from Bournemouth striker Joshua King.
Luiz appeared to be knocked out cold and fell straight to the grass as soon as the ball connected with his face. Medical staff swarmed the field and attended to Luiz, who made his way off the field on his own.
But just seconds later, the Brazilian footballer found his way back onto the pitch and appeared to be perfectly fine.
As Houston Texans star JJ Watt noted on Twitter, apparently concussions are taken a little more lightly than they are in American football:
David Luiz got absolutely rocked in the face by a ball kicked full force from about 5 yards away. Knocked out cold, then back in the game playing like a champ 45 seconds later. I guess the concussion protocols are a bit different across the pond ????. pic.twitter.com/bSNRUDDrHT
— JJ Watt (@JJWatt) January 30, 2019