- Joe Scarnici/Getty Images for Audi
- Katherine Schwarzenegger and Chris Pratt just tied the knot in a low-key ceremony last Saturday.
- The couple had been quietly dating for months, and only announced their engagement in January.
- Both took to Instagram to share the news of their wedding, calling it “the best day of our lives.”
- Visit INSIDER’s homepage for more stories.
Schwarzenegger called the wedding “the best day of our lives” in an Instagram post.
The couple has been engaged since early January.
Pratt took to Instagram to share the news, writing: “Sweet Katherine, so happy you said yes! I’m thrilled to be marrying you. Proud to live boldly in faith with you. Here we go!”
Since last June, fans speculated that the “Avengers: Infinity War” star was dating Schwarzenegger, the daughter of Arnold Schwarzenegger and Maria Shriver.
Pratt finally confirmed their relationship in December 2018 with a photo collage that he shared on Instagram to celebrate her 29th birthday.
Pratt was previously married to Anna Faris, who filed for divorce in 2017 after eight years of marriage. Faris has reportedly been dating cinematographer Michael Barrett since 2017.
Here’s what you need to know about Katherine Schwarzenegger.
1. She’s the oldest child of Arnold Schwarzenegger and Maria Shriver.
- Emma McIntyre/Getty Images
The 29-year-old is the oldest sibling to sister Christina, 27, and brothers Patrick, 25, and Christopher, 21. She also has a half-brother, 21-year-old Joseph Baena.
2. She struggled with her body image when she was younger.
- Matt Winkelmeyer/Getty Images for Biossance
Schwarzenegger has been open about her struggles with body image and confidence. She says she first experienced feelings of self-doubt and insecurity in fourth grade.
“It was the first time I was aware of my body and compared what I looked like to what other girls looked like,” Schwarzenegger told USA Today in 2010. “It freaked me out.”
She struggled with her body image until seventh grade, when she realized other girls were going through similar experiences. Now, Schwarzenegger shares health, fitness, and lifestyle advice on her blog.
3. Schwarzenegger graduated from the University of Southern California in 2012.
- Albert L. Ortega/Getty Images
After receiving her degree in communications from the University of Southern California’s Annenberg school for journalism, Schwarzenegger felt a bit directionless.
Shewent on to ask various celebrities and athletes their advice for getting ahead in life, later using the advice she received as inspiration for her second book.
4. She’s an author who’s written three books.
- Lily Lawrence/Getty Images
She wrote her first book in 2010. “Rock What You’ve Got: Secrets to Loving Your Inner and Outer Beauty from Someone Who’s Been There and Back” was about her struggles with body image.
Schwarzenegger graduated from USC in 2012 and wrote her second book, “I Just Graduated…Now What?,” shortly after. The book was filled with advice and wisdom she got from people in various industries about their career.
She published a children’s book titled “Maverick and Me” in 2017, detailing her experiencing fostering (and then adopting) her own puppy, Maverick.
5. She has her own lifestyle website.
View this post on Instagram
Skincare fun fact of the day: Vitamin B3 is known for its power to brighten your complexion and who doesn’t want that! So excited to be trying the new @marykayus TimeWise® Miracle Set 3D™ line that will brighten skin, protect against the sun and prevent signs of aging! Let’s do this! #TimeWise3D #ad
The writer runs her own blog where with content about beauty, health, home, and style from her own perspective, as well as speaking to experts. Her site also has a vertical dedicated to animals. She is also a contributor to InStyle.
6. She is an ASPCA ambassador.
Both her Instagram and website urge people to adopt pets from shelters. She writes about various ways people can help animal shelters and care for homeless animals.