Let’s hear it: Which videos of your favourite music stars did you watch on repeat this year?
If Ed Sheeran’s Shape of You and Luis Fonsi’s Despacito made their mark in the inner realms of your music consciousness, they did the same for YouTube, which kept track of Singapore’s trending music videos on its platform.
On Wednesday (Dec 6), Google, which owns YouTube, released a list of the top trending YouTube videos, categorising them according to music and non-music, and ranked them according to their number of views, shares and comments.
And with the year about to come to a close, there’s no perfect time to make that “best of” mix-tape drawing inspiration from the top trending YouTube music videos in 2017.
Here they are:
Singapore’s top trending YouTube music videos in 2017
1. Ed Sheeran – Shape of You [Official Video]
2. Luis Fonsi – Despacito (ft. Daddy Yankee)
3. The Chainsmokers & Coldplay – Something Just Like This (Lyric)
4. Bruno Mars – That’s What I Like [Official Video]
5. Taylor Swift – Look What You Made Me Do
6. Charlie Puth – Attention [Official Video]
7. Namewee – Stranger In The North (ft. Leehom Wang)
8. DJ Khaled – I’m the One (ft. Justin Bieber, Quavo, Chance the Rapper, Lil Wayne)
9. Clean Bandit – Symphony feat. Zara Larsson [Official Video]
10. Arijit Singh – Ik Vaari Aa