- Kevin Winter/Getty Images for iHeartMedia
Good morning! Here’s the technology news you need to know this Friday.
1. SoftBank has agreed a deal to buy two of Google’s robotic companies. It’s acquiring Boston Dynamics and Schaft.
2. Taylor Swift is bringing her catalogue back to streaming services. She pulled her albums from services like Spotify in 2014 because of how much she was being paid – but now the albums are returning.
3. Uber CEO Travis Kalanick wrote an email to staff in 2013 warning them about having sex at a company party. The email was leaked as Uber is investigating its workplace culture.
4. Hackers are holding video game developer CD Projekt RED to ransom over a collection of hacked files. The hackers claim to have documents about the company’s new game – but the developer says it isn’t paying up.
5. Andy Rubin’s startup Essential has already raised $300 million (£237 million). Rubin ran the Android division at Google for nearly a decade.
6. Uber is in talks to acquire part of Luxe, an on-demand parking app. The deal would see Uber acquire some of Luxe’s engineering team and technology.
7. Elon Musk has been taunting Tesla short sellers. “These guys want us to die so bad they can taste it,” he tweeted.
8. Microsoft has agreed to acquire cybersecurity company Hexadite. The US-Israeli company helps to automate a company’s response to hacking attacks.
9. Yahoo shareholders have officially approved the $4.48 billion (£3.54 billion) sale to Verizon. The deal is expected to close on Tuesday.
10. Nintendo has shown off its plans for its “Super Nintendo World” theme park. It’s going to be like being inside a “Super Mario” game.