- Bill Gates/Reddit
Reddit can be an incredibly fun tool, if you know how to use it.
The so-called “front page of the internet” might look a bit drab, as its design hasn’t changed much since its 2005 debut. But if you only think of the site as a text-based forum for discussion, you’re missing out on some of its best aspects.
If you follow the right “subreddits” – areas of interest created and moderated by other Reddit users – you’ll always have plenty of interesting links, photos, videos, and GIFs to gawk at and share.
There are literally millions of subreddits out there, but here are the 13 best:
1. <a href=”https://www.reddit.com/r/MadeMeSmile/”target=”_blank”>r/mademesmile</a>
For when you need a quick video clip to brighten your mood.
2. <a href=”https://www.reddit.com/r/NatureIsFuckingLit/”target=”_blank”>r/natureisf—–glit</a>
For the occasional but necessary reminder that nature is downright incredible.
3. <a href=”https://www.reddit.com/r/nevertellmetheodds/”target=”_blank”>r/nevertellmetheodds</a>
To witness moments that defy all logic.
4. <a href=”https://www.reddit.com/r/Whatcouldgowrong/”target=”_blank”>r/whatcouldgowrong</a>
This is what happens when people don’t think things through.
5. <a href=”https://www.reddit.com/r/ThisBlewMyMind/”target=”_blank”>r/thisblewmymind</a>
Prepare to be amazed. You will probably say “whoa” to most of the things you find here.
6. <a href=”https://www.reddit.com/r/wholesomegifs/”target=”_blank”>r/wholesomegifs</a>
To remind yourself that there’s plenty of good in the world.
7. <a href=”https://www.reddit.com/r/ChildrenFallingOver/”target=”_blank”>r/childrenfallingover</a>
For just a little bit of (totally harmless) schadenfreude.
8. <a href=”https://www.reddit.com/r/DadReflexes/”target=”_blank”>r/dadreflexes</a>
In case “children falling over” is too much – or you just want to watch some dads make some heroic saves.
9. <a href=”https://www.reddit.com/r/oddlysatisfying/”target=”_blank”>r/oddlysatisfying</a>
The things you’d least expect to help put your mind at ease.
10. <a href=”https://www.reddit.com/r/aww/”target=”_blank”>r/aww</a>
For pet-lovers, or anyone who wants to experience the quirky joys of owning a pet – without all the responsibility that comes with it.
11. <a href=”https://www.reddit.com/r/GetMotivated/”target=”_blank”>r/getmotivated</a>
We all have goals we want to accomplish, so it’s helpful to get a small push every now and then.
12. <a href=”https://www.reddit.com/r/YouShouldKnow/”target=”_blank”>r/youshouldknow</a>
For some very helpful tips across a wide range of topics. You’ll find advice that could help save you money, time, and even your health.
13. <a href=”https://www.reddit.com/r/Tinder/”target=”_blank”>r/tinder</a>
Because online dating often yields hilarious results.