Hello! Here’s what’s happening on Tuesday.
1. Video surfaced of a Chinese rocket booster almost wiping out a small town on the weekend. The booster kicked away from the rocket about 700km away from its launch pad.
2. Saudi Arabia began screening films after lifting its 35-year ban. The ban was lifted in December as part of the Crown Prince’s efforts to modernize the kingdom.
3. Most Brits want a second Brexit vote if an EU exit deal is not reached. A separate poll conducted by Comres last week found that voters would now back the “Remain” choice if they faced a re-vote.
4. North Korea will send a pop orchestra to perform in South Korea next month. Inter-Korean talks about the Olympics will continue on Wednesday.
5. Messaging app Telegram is looking to raise $1.2 billion. Telegram is developing a blockchain platform to rival bitcoin and ethereum.
6. Russia and Turkey threatened the US-led border force in Syria. Turkey vowed to “drown” the Kurdish-dominated unit.
7. Police are still searching for three missing people from California’s mudslides. Twenty people have died so far.
8. Citibank will raise pay for women and minorities in the US, UK, and Germany. Citi will be the first big US bank to look into and disclose its gender pay gap.
10. Drunk droning is now illegal in New Jersey. The law prohibits flying users from flying a drone with a blood alcohol reading of 0.08 percent or higher.